Skip to main content

Had a collision with an Uninsured Driver? What should you do?

By 1st June 2020 July 22nd, 2020 Car Advice
uninsured drivers sign

Between 1st January 2019 and 31st December 2019 there was a total of 5,676 injury road traffic collisions recorded. This resulted in 56 fatalities, 774 people seriously injured and 8,042 slightly injured. Figures shows an increase across all levels of injury severity when compared with 2018. (Northern Ireland Statistics & Research Agency).

It is estimated that there could be as many as 30,000 vehicles on Northern Ireland’s roads which are uninsured. However, there is no need to worry if you have been involved in a collision caused by an uninsured driver as CRASH Services, Accident Management Specialists take care of everything at no cost to you.

Reporting claims

CRASH Services have been assisting many clients in dealing with claims when involved in a collision with an uninsured driver. These claims are made to the Motor Insurers Bureau, the “MIB” which is a body funded by a mandatory levy paid by all motor insurers in the UK.

The role of the MIB includes that it enters agreements with Government to deal with compensation claims from those who have suffered loss because of a collision caused by uninsured or untraced drivers.

What should I do?

Following a collision with any motorist, to include an uninsured or untraced driver it is important to record as much detail as possible at the scene or immediately after about the other vehicle, driver, and accident as you can.

Such detail would include:

  • The colour, make, model, and registration number of the other vehicle involved
  • Description of the other driver to include name, address and telephone details if possible
  • Details of any witnesses to include name, address, and telephone number
  • Details of police who attend the scene or to whom the accident is reported
  • Photographs of the accident scene
  • Photographs of vehicle damage

The aftermath of any road traffic accident is difficult enough without considering the process involved in presenting a claim to the MIB which is started by submission of an 8 page claim form.

CRASH Services

CRASH Services can arrange vehicle recovery, collision investigation, organise repairs, provide a replacement vehicle, liaise with insurance companies and offer legal and medical assistance.

There is no fee for the accident management service as all costs are recovered from insurers involved.

If you’ve been in a collision and need help call 028 9066 0244 or visit CRASH Services.

Translate »