fbpx Skip to main content

What can you do if a vehicle damages your property?

By 22nd October 2019 July 22nd, 2020 Car Advice
vehicle damages your property

Not sure what to do if a vehicle damages your property?

CRASH Services Accident Management Specialists have handled a number of claims for clients where motor-vehicles have caused damage to their property over the years.

They noted that many of their clients didn’t realise that they do not have to make a claim against your home insurance provider in these situations.

CRASH can offer a service which means you won’t have a policy excess to pay, your no claims bonus won’t be affected, and CRASH will ensure you receive all that you are entitled to as efficiently as possible.

There are some useful tips to follow if your property is damaged by a vehicle:

  1. Take a note of the offending vehicle’s registration number, make, model and colour.
  2. Obtain the driver’s name and address and, if possible, their insurance details.
  3. Take images of the incident scene as soon as possible.
  4. Report the incident to the Police.
  5. Report the matter to your property/home insurer for information purposes only initially but advise them that you will revert should you need to.
  6. Keep a record of your time involved in clearing up damage or making the property safe, as well as any other incidental costs related to the incident. These items could be included with your claim.

Make a claim

If you contact CRASH, they will work quickly to investigate and establish who is liable if a vehicle damages your property.  A claim can then be made against the Insurer of the Driver who caused the damage if they are legally liable. It may be possible to also pursue a claim for damages where the driver is uninsured.

CRASH can then offer the services of an experienced Loss Assessor and/ or Building Contractor to calculate the cost of repairs and carry out the repair work at no cost to you.

Call 028 90 660244 or visit CRASH Services today.

Translate »