If you breakdown anywhere in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, a recovery operator will be dispatched to assist you. If your vehicle can be repaired, up to one hour’s labour is provided. Otherwise, we will tow your vehicle to the nearest repairer. If your vehicle can not be fixed locally within a reasonable time period, we will take it to any one place within Northern Ireland.
We’ll change your wheel if you’re carrying a suitable spare.
If your keys are lost, we will send a representative to assess the vehicle recovery requirements and, where specialist equipment is required, take your vehicle to the nearest secure area until a replacement is found. If your keys are locked in the vehicle, we can help to access the vehicle.
If you run out of fuel, we’ll take you and your vehicle to the nearest petrol station.
Our service covers up to a maximum of 3 call-outs during the 12 months after purchasing the service.
Our service is sold on a per-vehicle basis and covers anyone driving the specified vehicle.
Additional Benefit – GB Breakdown Cover
If your vehicle suﬀers a breakdown incident or if you are involved in a road traﬀic collision that renders your vehicle immobile whilst travelling in Great Britain, Granite Breakdown will refund to you any recovery costs that you incur subject to a maximum payment of £350 (incl. VAT). We will not recover your vehicle from the scene. This benefit is inoperative if you have also have cover from an insurer or another breakdown organisation.
Significant Exclusions & Limitations
The service will not be provided in the following circumstances:
- Breakdowns that occur within 24 hours of inception of this service.
- Any breakdown caused by any wilful or deliberate or avoidable act committed by the insured or any passengers.
- The vehicle is not in a roadworthy condition prior to breakdown, or where a vehicle has not been regularly serviced or where breakdown is caused by inadequate maintenance or repair.
- The private car or commercial vehicle is over 3.5 tonnes
- The vehicle is carrying more than the number of passengers or towing a greater weight than that for which it was designed as stated in the manufacturer’s specifications or arising directly out of the unreasonable driving of the vehicle on unsuitable terrain.
- Any incident resulting from fuels, mineral essences or other flammable materials, explosives or toxins being transported in the vehicle.
- Your vehicle has been modified for or is taking part in racing, trials or rallying.
- The vehicle does not have a valid MOT Certificate.
The Company shall not be liable for:
- The cost of any parts, keys, components, lubricants, fluids, fuels or materials or any other incidental expenses required to restore a vehicle’s mobility.
- Expenses recoverable from any policy of insurance.
- Any liability or consequential loss arising out of the recovery service provided.
No costs or expenses shall be met without prior notification and our consent.
For any breakdown in ROI we aim to have the recovery agent out within two hours.