Home Start or Breakdown Anywhere in Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland
If you breakdown anywhere in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, a recovery operator will be dispatched to assist you. You must also be at the scene of the breakdown recovery you have requested with the vehicle keys. If your vehicle can be repaired by the recovery agent at the roadside, up to one hour’s labour is provided (excluding the cost of any parts). Otherwise, we will tow your vehicle to an agreed location e.g. to a local repairer or your home.
Recovery from a Road Traffic Collision
We also offer recovery from the scene of a road traffic collision in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. As part of this recovery, you have use of a complimentary helpline provided by CRASH Services, where their trained staff can go through your options to getting you back on the road as soon as possible.
We’ll change your wheel if you’re carrying a suitable spare and it is safe to do so. If you haven’t got a suitable spare wheel, the recovery agent will lift your vehicle and take it to an agreed location. If this is after business hours and the agreed location is the recovery agent’s yard and then to your chosen tyre depot the following morning, this is counted as one recovery. If you request your car to be taken home and then you call the following day to have your vehicle moved again, this will count as a second recovery.
If your keys are lost, we will send a recovery agent to assess the vehicle requirements and, where specialist equipment is required, take your vehicle to an agreed location. If your keys are locked in the vehicle, we can help to access the vehicle.
If you run out of fuel, we’ll take you and your vehicle to the nearest petrol station.
3 Call-Outs Per Year
Our service covers up to a maximum of three call-outs during the 12 months after purchasing the membership.
You are covered for up to three call-outs per year. This is regardless of whether the call-out is for the same reason as a previous call-out.
Our membership covers anyone driving a specific vehicle. If you change your vehicle during the year of your membership, please contact Granite Breakdown on 028 90 029457 to inform us of the new vehicle details.
Additional Benefit…GB Breakdown Cover
If your vehicle suffers a breakdown incident or if you are involved in a road traffic collision that renders your vehicle immobile whilst travelling in Great Britain, Granite Breakdown will not recover your vehicle from the scene, we will refund to you any recovery costs that you incur, subject to a maximum payment of £350 (incl. VAT). This benefit is inoperative if you have also had cover from an insurer or another breakdown organisation.
We aim to get you and your passengers home or to their destination depending on where they are. If you are more than 50 miles from home, we may reimburse you for the hire of a replacement vehicle for up to a maximum of two days. If required in the event we cannot arrange transport home for you, as detailed in the terms and conditions, we may offer overnight accommodation if required if you are more than 50 miles from home.
We may also offer alternative transport costs (taxi and/or public transport expense costs while your vehicle is in a garage being repaired).
Significant Exclusions & Limitations
For any breakdowns in the Republic of Ireland we aim to have the recovery agent out within two hours.
If you are involved in a road traffic collision, we can transport your vehicle up to 50 miles from where the collision happened, but there will be a charge for this service. As you have complimentary use of CRASH Services helpline (0289066024), they can assist you with the recovery of these costs from your motor insurer or the responsible third party if applicable. We will discuss the charge with you before the recovery and if you agree to proceed, the charge will be payable to us within 180 days.
- Breakdowns that occur within 24 hours of inception of this service.
- Any breakdown caused by any wilful or deliberate or avoidable act committed by the insured or any passengers.
- The vehicle is not in a roadworthy condition prior to breakdown, or where a vehicle has not been regularly serviced or where breakdown is caused by inadequate maintenance or repair.
- The private car or commercial vehicle is over 3.5 tonnes.
- The vehicle is a motorhome, campervan or caravan.
- The vehicle is carrying more than the number of passengers or towing a greater weight than that for which it was designed as stated in the manufacturer’s specifications or arising directly out of the unreasonable driving of the vehicle on unsuitable terrain.
- Any incident resulting from fuels, mineral essences or other flammable materials, explosives or toxins being transported in the vehicle.
- Your vehicle has been modified for or is taking part in racing, trials or rallying.
- The vehicle does not have a valid MOT Certificate.
Granite Breakdown Shall Not Be Liable For:
- The cost of any parts, keys, components, lubricants, fluids, fuels or materials or any other incidental expenses required to restore a vehicle’s mobility.
- Expenses recoverable from any policy of insurance.
- Any liability or consequential loss arising out of the recovery service provided.
No costs or expenses shall be met without prior notification and our consent.